I hope you are having a fabulous day so far… Now, before you continue reading, grab a cup of tea because blogs are always better over tea!
Ok, got your cuppa? Great!
So, recently I had the privilege of speaking at a gathering of women in our city.
I was asked to speak about living life with confidence and to share my heart for the women attending
At the end of my encouragement to the group of amazing women, I finished with what I call the 10 Be’s – well there was actually 11, but 10 just sounded better!
Anyway I shared with them the 10 Be’s of living life with strength, dignity & confidence. And now, I thought I would share them with you. At the end of each “Be”, I have included some scripture references for you. If you have a bible I encourage you to take the time to look these up. If you don’t have a bible, you can always look the verses up on google!
I will also be posting a weekly graphic each Tuesday on my social media pages for the next 11 weeks focusing on the 10 Be’s. Consider it a weekly encouragement from me to empower you to live life with strength dignity & confidence.
So here are my 10 Be’s … (except there are 11!!)
- Be Forgiving:
- Don’t hold onto things
- Let go & trust God
- Un-Forgiveness will rot your body
- Forgive yourself and forgive others
Ephesians 4: 32 | Proverbs 14:30
- Be Gracious:
- Gracious in words and actions
- Judgment is not ours to give
- Be gracious toward yourself and those around you
- To be gracious is to be generous
Proverbs 16:24 | Proverbs 11:25
- Be Kind:
- Kindness never goes out of fashion
- Use kind words, think kind things
- Do kind things for others & for yourself
- Honour comes through kindness
- Proverbs 11:16 | Proverbs 12:25
- Be Patient:
- Just keep breathing
- Trust in and rely on God
- Get rid of unrealistic expectations on yourself and those around you
- Don’t rush the moment: Enjoy the moment: Learn through the moment
Proverbs 14:29 |Proverbs 15:18 | Psalm 27:14 |Psalm 37:7
- Be Confident:
- Be steadfast – firm & unwavering
- Stand tall & walk with your head held high
- Know who’s you are – son’s & daughter’s of the King!
Ephesians 6:14-17 |Psalm 27:1 |Psalm 139:13-14 | Psalm 57:7
- Be Humble:
- Pride doesn’t look good on anyone
- To live with humility is to live with wisdom
Proverbs 11:2 | Proverbs 15:24-25
- Be Honourable:
- Be respectful in your words and actions
- Uplift & encourage yourself and others
- Walk in integrity
Proverbs 10:9 | Proverbs 11:16 | Proverbs 14:1
- Be Honest
- Honest with your feelings
- Honest with your words
- Honest with yourself
- Honest with others
- Honest with your decisions
- Proverbs 12:17 | Proverbs 12:22
- Be Guarded:
- Guard your heart
- Guard your mind
- Guard your soul
- Guard your mouth
Proverbs 4:23 | Proverbs 21:23
- Be Hope filled
- The sun always comes up in the morning
- Blue skies follow the storms
- Better days are ahead
Psalm 62:5-8 |Romans 12:12 |Hebrews 6:19 | Proverbs 3:5-8
AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST…
- Be love…And the greatest of these is love
- Love God
- Love Yourself …your beautiful imperfect self
- Love Others
1 Corinthians 13:4-13 | Proverbs 3:3 |Proverbs 10:12| John 13:34 | John 15:9-13
Now, it’s one thing to read this and it’s another to put into practice. So here is my challenge to you:
Make whatever changes you need to, whether it is in your thoughts, words or actions and start living out the 10 Be’s and just wait and see what happens in your life once you do.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this blog, so feel free to leave a comment here or on my social pages.
Till next time…